LinkedIn is a great platform for networking and connecting with professionals. However, there may be times when you need to block someone on LinkedIn, perhaps because they are sending you unwanted messages or because you no longer want to be connected to them.
If you change your mind and decide you want to unblock someone on LinkedIn, it is a simple process.
How to unblock someone on LinkedIn
To unblock someone on LinkedIn, follow these steps:
- Go to LinkedIn.com: https://www.linkedin.com/ and log in to your account.
- Click on the Me icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Select Settings & Privacy.
- In the Visibility section, click on Blocking.
- You will see a list of all the people you have blocked on LinkedIn.
- To unblock someone, click on the Unblock button next to their name.
- Enter your password and click Unblock member.
That’s it! You have now unblocked the person on LinkedIn.
Note: You will not be able to re-block this person for 48 hours after unblocking them.
Why might you want to unblock someone on LinkedIn?
There are a few reasons why you might want to unblock someone on LinkedIn:
- You may have accidentally blocked them.
- You may have resolved the issue that caused you to block them in the first place.
- You may want to give them a second chance.
- You may need to contact them for work or other professional reasons.
What happens when you unblock someone on LinkedIn?
When you unblock someone on LinkedIn, they will be able to see your profile, send you messages, and connect with you. If you were previously connected to the person, they will be added back to your network.
However, it is important to note that unblocking someone does not guarantee that they will want to reconnect with you. If they had previously blocked you, they may still not want to be associated with you.
Unblocking someone on LinkedIn is a simple process. However, it is important to consider the reasons why you are unblocking them and what you hope to achieve by doing so.