Your LinkedIn primary email address is the email address that you use to log in to your LinkedIn account and receive all LinkedIn communications. It’s important to keep your primary email address updated, especially if you change jobs or email providers.
Here’s how to change your primary email address on LinkedIn:
- Go to your LinkedIn homepage and click on Me in the top right corner.
- Click on Settings & Privacy.
- Click on Sign in & security on the left pane.
- Under Account access, click on Email addresses.
- Next to the email address that you want to make your primary address, click Make primary.
- Enter your LinkedIn password and click Make primary.
Once you’ve changed your primary email address, LinkedIn will send you a verification email. Click on the link in the email to verify your new email address.
Here are some additional tips for changing your primary email address on LinkedIn:
- You can only have one primary email address at a time.
- You must have at least one confirmed email address associated with your LinkedIn account.
- You cannot change your primary email address if you have a pending email confirmation.
- If you’re changing your primary email address because you’re leaving your current job, be sure to update your email address in your LinkedIn profile as well. This will ensure that your connections can continue to contact you.
Why should you change your primary email address on LinkedIn?
There are a few reasons why you might want to change your primary email address on LinkedIn:
- You’re changing jobs and want to use your new company email address as your primary email address on LinkedIn.
- You’re switching to a new email provider and want to use your new email address as your primary email address on LinkedIn.
- Your current primary email address is no longer active or secure.
- You want to use a different email address for your personal and professional life.
No matter what your reason is, changing your primary email address on LinkedIn is a simple process that takes just a few minutes.